Saturday, April 1, 2017

Annie's Food Logs #6


Hi Annie,

It is great to hear from you.
First...I am so happy you are excited and ready for this new journey to healthy eating and correct eating...that is great!
Your first day was great with what you had available to you.
Here are a few thoughts as to why you might have felt low energy...ad we will continue to explore any of these issues to see if we can fix them:
Once you have the correct breakfast...one with good starch...good protein and nutrients...I think that will make  a huge difference. The almonds and fruit were a great choice because of the good combo of protein and good carbs...but probably not enough for breakfast...a good snack...but too little for the first meal. Also...at 930...there was no energy source (good complex carbs...fruit/veggie/whole grain (starch)...and therefore that could have been the start of the low energy.
And maybe the bread from the cafeteria was filled with sugar...and that could have caused a little sugar crash. I am very excited for you to go shopping and start the plan and see how you feel!!!
1. at night when I go out to eat...I love ordering fish or chicken and sautéed veggies...if it comes with a starch...I just ask for no starch and extra veggies. I do not worry too much about the oils...but I stick with marinara sauces or I get my salmon blackened...or grilled. Calamari...bean soups...salads without the cheeses...looking for yummy side dishes...getting creative with your orders...with protein and veggies. It is usually not that hard to find great tasting healthy dishes. But you should also pick one date night a month...or twice a month...where you go and just have a wonderful dinner ordering what you want. The cool thing is when you order your favorite "bad" foods...and they make you feel sick. I know that sounds so mean!!! But it means that your body craves and wants the healthy foods you will have gotten used to !!!
I looked at the Isopure...it does have a lot of extra ingredients. Please check out the Jay Robb egg protein powder( I find the Whey makes me very gassy...ugh!!!) You can order it from Amazon.
Here are the ingredients:Ingredients:
Egg albumin, xylitol, natural flavor, xanthan gum, lecithin, stevia. MUCH less stuff than Isopure. But I will let you decide...:)
And Oct 3rd at 630 would work great...is that a good time? And either Mariano's or TJ is perfect!!! Mariano's will have more frozen healthy foods...and they might have more of a selection of other foods...but I leave it up to you!!!
I hope all of this made sense...and I look forward  to hearing from you very soon...
     Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment

What have I learned in the past 51 years? Please listen...

My podcast Interview:  What I have learned in the past 51 years from my own experiences, research, struggles, accomplishments an...